Stigma- Attitude or belief that lead people to reject, avoid, and fear those that they perceive as different.
Public Stigma- Attitudes & Feelings expressed by the general public towards people living with mental illness.
Self Stigma- The belief that you are weak or damaged, because of an illness.
What you can do to help
- Language Matters (Words expressed.)
- Educate yourself (You are right now, keep on looking for information to help you & others.)
- Be Kind (Imagine yourself in one's shoes, because you don't know until you are.)
- Listen & Ask (Listen to other's stories, ask questions to educate yourself)
- Talk about it (Don't keep it inside, embrace it! You are who you are! Take Pride, in yourself and the other people around you)
- Explaining one, by their disability
- Handicapped Person
- Low Functioning
- Mental Illness
- Person with Depression
- Person with Schizopherina
- Person with a disabliity
- Person with struggles, who are in need of support.
- Person with cognitive disabliities
- Non disabled Person